Friday, June 30, 2006

precious gift ...

(note: I don't know if I really should share something so private so publicly. I sent this twice in the past two weeks. No response. I am sharing this so fragile in your open hands....)
Dearest ~N~,

f   a   c   t   s
The water heater was old and you are in need of a new one.  After the new one was installed, you realized you are in need of a new shower head as the old one was so calcified that it would not move and now the water pressure is wimpy.  You buy a new shower head with 5 pressure settings.  A real treat.

f   e   e   l   i   n   g
The shampoo is a better grade than the old stuff you were using.  It leaves your hair with a shine and smoothness of butterfly wings.  You turn the shower head to massage.  The hard pressure feels good on your head as you feel the shampoo rinse out.  You become mesmerized.  Then you allow the your spine in on the water massage.

You reluctantly shut off the water and towel off with biggest and fluffiest blue towel you have.  The rough shag of cotton from your bathrobe envelopes your clean skin with a whiff of citrus.  You smile as you pad your way to the kitchen in your bare feet.

Set before you is a feast for your eyes as well as your tiggr tummy.  Sitting down and grabbing your fork and knife, you close your eyes and lean in for a big sniff.  Pleasure bursts upon your face.  Opening your eyes you attack your juicy steak and take your first bite.  Perfect and just the way you like it.  Lying next to the steak is steamed bright colored veggies and white rice.  A great combination of flavors.  In a bubble blue margarita glass is crushed ice, freshly squeezed mango juice, and sparkling water.  A very light refreshing taste.  To finish the perfect meal you have to have the perfect dessert.  Lemon meringue.  A simple fluff sure to melt ever so softly on your tongue.  You leave table with a very happy tummy not too heavy and not too light.

You grab your company’s hand and head for your couch.  You let yourself purr like good ol tiggr as fingers find their way through your scalp.  Her words are tentative and soft as they begin to massage your soul.

t   a   s   t   e
“I was in the christian bookstore looking for a special book I wanted to own when I stumble across a name book.  Yes, I would think if you own a name book why would you need to open up another, but I had to make sure they included my favorite names and that they kept them the same.  A contented sigh escaped me as I found your name right where it belonged.  Yes, I know it means the ‘Birthday of the Lord’ and ‘Christmas’ but there was an additional meaning, 'Precious Gift’.  My face beamed.  Ahh, how appreciate!  Jesus is the most Precious Gift and what an honor to be named ~N~.

Remember when we met?  Yes, a bit unusual but that is what made it for me.  A chat room of all places.  After the conversation, I was hungry for more.  Was it Mel Gibson and ‘The Patriot’?  No, rather it was the way you talked that I knew  the next night I would have to ask if you were a believer.  I remember vividly giving God a huge thank You as I crawled into bed after signing off.  I thought of you as a gift, precious and just right.

In 2004 I sent you a birthday gift.  You wrote in great detail your opening of the gift so well that I was there with you.  I saw you on the park bench near the post office greedily opening the package.  Pulling out the painting on the circle tile, your hand felt the paint.  I kept that e-mail along with all the others, but this one is held close to my heart.  Why?  because in all the descriptive words you used about this gift, was and is exactly how I feel about you.

You are a Precious Gift to me.  I was hungry and thirsty for what we had.  I don’t have enough of you.  I crave more memories even though the ones I do have are cherished.  They are like old love letters creased and worn.  Ahh, the ‘house’ ... probably one of my favorite conversations.... but then there was the ‘~n~nip’ ... liked that one.  You had called after you couldn’t sleep....  It is so easy for me to slip away into my memories...  I am one gingerly and greedily unwrapping you and ravenous for each conversation and for each hearty laughter of yours.  I care not how I must look to others!

~N~, I so strongly believe in the power of our names.  God knew your name before your parents even got together.  He was the One who designed and named you.  He has a very uncanny way of connecting that name to your life journey.  Look back over your life.  Did you not crave to be touched?  Aren’t gifts to be handled?  Don’t you wish for someone to unwrap you and love your insides?  Hasn’t this been your struggle and journey all these years?

Because you are a Precious Gift, there is a flip side.  Gifts are offered and can’t be taken back or they are no gift at all.  This tires you as you feel spent and used.  Isn’t it because you aren’t used to being accepted as you are?  Don’t you wish to be selfish and stop all the demand of giving?  Don’t you feel the crush of all the need and simply wish to be?  All apart of this unique journey of yours.  It is a balance you are figuring out as you go.

Mr ~N~, you are a Precious Gift not only greatly love by the Almighty but those around you like your children and me.  Not only are you filled to the brim with all good things manly, strong, and a bit of gooey goodness, you are enough when you are simply present.  Much like an M&M simply melting away in my mouth as I get lost in the taste.

I am filled with anticipation to see what your future unwraps for you.  The best is yet to come and I want to be present in your future.  Good Gifts are God’s specialty.  You proved it.  I am committed to unwrapping and simply enjoying you, a Precious Gift not for a day but for eternity.  I am committed to cover you in prayer daily.  I am committed to focused attention for you life is valuable.  I am committed to touching you.”

~ always treasured and greatly valued
keeper©


covenant blessings : for RS

2 comments:

  1. Bring it on Home
    You've got someone here
    Who wants to make it all right
    Someone that loves you more than life
    Right Here
    You've got willing arms that'll hold you tight
    A hand to lead you all through the night
    Right here
    I know your heart can get
    All tangled up inside
    But don't you keep it to yourself

    When your long day is over
    And you can barely drag your feet
    The weight of the world
    Is on your shoulders
    I know what you need
    Bring it on home to me

    You know I know you
    Like the back of my hand
    And you know I'm gonna do
    All that I can right here
    Gonna lie with you
    Till you fall asleep
    When the morning comes
    I'm still gonna be right here
    Yes, I am

    So take your worries and
    Just drop them at the door
    Baby, leave it all behind

    When your long day is over
    And you can barely drag your feet
    The weight of the world
    Is on your shoulders
    I know what you need
    Bring it on home to me

    Baby, let me be your safe harbor
    Don't let the water come
    And carry you away

    When your long day is over
    And you can barely drag your feet
    The weight of the world
    Is on your shoulders
    I know what you need
    Bring it on home to me

    Oh, bring it on home
    Oh, bring it on home to me
    Home to me
    Oh, bring it on, bring it on home
    to me

    You've got someone here wants
    To make it all right
    Someone who loves you
    More than life
    right here
    ~sung by Little Big Town on their 05 album 'The Road to Here'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live with Lonesome
    Hear the train in the distance
    Such a lonely sound it makes
    When it's gone and there is silence
    You can hear the sound of my heart break
    See these arms, now they're empty
    'Cause they used to hold on to you
    I said I'd never let go
    But somehow you slipped on through
    Now I know that's how love goes
    When love goes away

    [Chorus]
    I'm gonna cry some
    Then I'm gonna lay here and die some
    All because I know there ain't no one else
    Baby, if I can't live with you
    Guess I'll have to
    Live with lonesome

    There's a prayer that I'm prayin'
    There's a dream that I always will dream
    And the hope keeps me waiting
    For the day when you come back to me
    It's a curse and a blessing
    To find love above all the rest
    Now I'd rather have nothing
    Than to settle for less
    Now I know that's how love goes
    When love goes away
    ~sung by Little Big Town
    on their 05 album 'the Road to Here'

    ReplyDelete