Saturday, June 24, 2006

'second hand stress' (label)

I believe it!!!!!! I was browsing through a mag at mom's and read this article about second hand stress. I was shocked there was a word for it. One thing about labels that I love is that it enables you to name it and deal with it.

Over the years God has been creating me into 'a sensitive'. I do have to be very aware of how bad words effect me but it goes beyond this. It is about being empathic and compassionate when someone else is going through a hardship. When you do, you take up their stress as your own whether you are walking on eggshells or feeling the overload of the burden.

I noticed this whenever 'PreciousGift' began stressing over his job or church or his kids, I began to exprience a lot of angst within my heart and soul. Often I had more hope than he but when he pulls away and shuts me out, I have stress overload. I am iratic, forgetful, and mistake prone. grrr Then you hear me mutter about how my reaction to him needs to be soft.... What an endless cycle!

Stress is what makes you old not only on your outer skin but you begin to toughen up your relationship skin. You aren't soft and supple anymore. This is dangereous.

The cure?
Get away and do something you love! Perfect! I am doing exactly what I should be doing. I am painting. I love the feelings that pop and burst inside. ( i have a piggie bank in the oven dressed in pink flowers ready for the baby shower on wed ... feeling piggly wiggly! )

This is a keeper .. no stressin and no second hand stressin either!

word slueth : meditation

No comments:

Post a Comment