Saturday, June 17, 2006

when your gut says no ...

We all know when our gut screams no, you can' do that or you must not do that. Those times are marked by danger ahead whether it is physical or spiritual. We all know the outcome to those times when you do what you shouldn't. A lot of unrest and pain ...

But how about those times when your gut speaks a softer no and when you add up the outcome, it isn't a really life or death matter? I like to refer to those moments as times when things just don't match up. ie: You have an event to attend with a friend, but the communication is off, there are missed connections, the wrong info begins to pile up or for some reason your heart isn't in it and it isn't marching in time to the beat.

These times are when your gut is saying a soft no just not the right time. Nothing catastrophic will happen just not peaceful about it. Note of warning: you must be truthful to yourself. Did you play with the circumstances to have your own way because you really didn't want to do this? Where the issues out of your control?

If you can honestly say, I did my best to follow through but I am not peaceful about this inside or outside and I am just stressing when there in no need to, then I must bow out at this time. My gut is saying not at this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment