Monday, June 05, 2006

right where you need to be ...

There has been a lot of death of college students in my state. Some from a small plane crash and this one in a van / semi accident. Taylor is a good christian college. And to hear five young lives where taken can shake you up, but then to add mistaken identy on top of it. I happened to catch part of the service where the boyfriend was talking about not knowing his girlfriend. Knowing I am in the family of Believers, I wondered what God had in mind ....

KENTWOOD, Michigan (AP) -- For five weeks, he sat by her hospital bed, talked to her, held her hand.

During those many hours together, Aryn Linenger said he never doubted that he was comforting his beloved girlfriend of three years, Laura VanRyn.

"I saw her hands, her feet, her complexion, and I can't believe that it wasn't her," Linenger said during a memorial service for her Sunday at Kentwood Community Church. "Even to this day, it's amazing to me that with all that time we spent together, that I just didn't know."

The young woman recovering in a Grand Rapids, Michigan, rehabilitation center for more than a month was not VanRyn but Whitney Cerak, a fellow Taylor University student who closely resembled VanRyn.

Linenger offered an apology to the woman he believed was his girlfriend in case his attention after the accident left her feeling confused.

"I want you to know that I still pray for that girl," he said during his 17-minute eulogy. "From day one, I said that she was a miracle child."

The picture I saw was that Laura stepped into God's Everlasting Arms that fateful night. God knew exactly who she was. He instantly restored her battered and broken body. She was beautifully clothed in heavenly white. Earthly prayers where no longer needed for Laura. Her earthly journey was finished.

Laura is with God looking down. She knows her boyfriend is at Whitney's bedside. She is ok with that. Why would she be offended? God felt it best that Aryn is there to give Whitney his presence. Humans are funny beings. We need a lot of touch in order to heal.

I am a strong believer in 'you are exactly in the place you need to be' especially when you have no idea how you got there. Then you know for sure it was all in God's Mighty Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment