Sunday, June 18, 2006

territory & husbandman ...

from an IM conversation :
"I believe a woman is a territory," he offered into the discussion of the differences between men and women.

"I see that. I believe a man is a husbandman," she quipped.

The conversation moved on never fleshing out totally.

some thoughts :
It is not good for man to be alone. God made Adam a helper suitable for him. (Gen 2:18)

Hebrew word for helper means completer
-completes him emotionally
-completes him socially
-completes him with family
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You will eat the fruit of your labor, blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be a fruitful vine within your house; (Ps 2-3)

Greek word for nurturer means husbandman
-tiller of the soil, a professional gardener
-helps things grow
-provides a greenhouse atmosphere where plants are shielded and protected

For the garden called woman, man the husbandman provides:
-deep seated security
-meaningful conversation
-emotional romantic times
- positive physical touching

Dear Heavenly Husbandman,
I would love to continue with conversation with him but I can't. However, with You I can dive right in and go for the deep stuff. For Your Word makes clear how valuable man is to woman and woman is to man.

I would rather think woman as a garden than territory, but both words are right on. I think he thought it would be offensive to me for him to describe woman as a territory. Rather I got it and believe it so true. I want to provide fruit like grapes ripen and made into vintage wine. Being neglected and alone, I understand my deepest need to bare fruit of blessing and prosperity for my husband.

Today I will be content to be fruitful for my God. He nurtures, loves, and protects me. I will remain content with His Touch.
~ always His garden

No comments:

Post a Comment