Saturday, July 01, 2006

eyes ...

Here are a few tidbits for you to nibble on from the Idiot's guide to Body Language. Very interesting! But the one thing about body reading, you cannot be conscious about it. Your intuiative part of your being best reads and feeds your gut instinct!

* You cannot not communicate.
Ah, see even if you aren't present you are communicating no-worth.
'If you aren't saying hello, you're saying good-bye.' ~k

*Listening requires looking.
No wonder I feel frustrated when I wax on about something sooo important and I catch their eyes wonder to the tv or some other commotion!

*Eye contact is an invitation for communication.
This is a keeper. Turning from a shy person into a bubbly shy and my eyes being my greatest asset, bright eyes looking intently is rewarded with a smile back. I like that. brilliant...

*Eye contact and eye aversion regulates the conversation.
Whoa! Get this --> If you do not want some one to interupt your speech (and you may need to take a breath), just look away! I am a person who isn't a gab-hog, so this is a juicy tidbit! Now if you would like to pass the conversation back, you make eye contact. Pretty simple!

*Eye contact establishes warmth, intimacy, and friendship.
Yup, I agree. However, I remember an eye contact I made where my eyes were steel. I was being wounded and all I could do was pin them with my eyes ... no speech could come. Didn't matter anyway. My eyes said it all. So a real smile makes perfect bright eyes.

*Pupil dilation makes you more attractive to others.
So is that why dark brown eyes to almost black eyes feeeeeeel so warm and inviting? and why blue eyes and other light colored eyes seem so cool or scary?

*Eye movement means mental activity.
Oops, I should have checked this one out more. I don't think my eyes move when I am daydreaming or zoning out. Or maybe that isn't thinking? Wait, do you find it hard to think and see if your eyes are moving? impossible!

*Dogs are the ONLY animals who can READ FACIAL EXPRESSIONS, which explains our close connection with them.
I believe that, but I think I am going to be checking to see if my puppinators can. They are sometimes self absorbed in their need for attention or cookies, I wonder if they are paying attention to my face expressions.

*In communication the US tends to put more importance on talk where Japan puts more on body language.
Hmmmm, interesting.... Ok Americans, time to listen more, watch more. Only 7% of communication is verbal. The rest (93%) is non verbal.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wow, I can't wait to go discover some people listening. I thought I would add some 'people reading' things to watch for when you are out and about this fine 4th holiday.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

* ' withs ' = pairs, trios, etc

* ' frames ' = people together as a closed unit

* ' leads ' = boss, host, etc

* ' leakage ' = exposing inner feelings

* ' terminal marker ' = behaviors indicating its's time to go

* ' insider ' = one who knosw most of the people gathered

Share if you have some personal people reads that you have created ... or create your own ...

No comments:

Post a Comment