Thursday, August 28, 2008

''You seem so peaceful ...''

and this came from a guy who is a complainer and who isn't convinced there is a God. I was shocked and didn't say a word about peace. I did engage him on stuff that was bothering him and tried to let him know I was listening.

I am tenacious at heart and tend to let the sparks fly. I also retreat into a quiet zone when I am anxious. But of late I have been trying very hard to be more sage. So hearing a comment about looking like I am peaceful is very welcomed.

I still run hot and I don't want to lose that. Yet, when I read the Bible and dig into the promises, I have this deep seated knowledge that all is going to be ok. By claiming and declaring God-Promises and God-Attributes, peace does come over me.

I have always hated the idea of letting go - that comes because I am tenacious. Letting go has always meant giving up. But when you hold onto God and the world lets go, I feel very safe. It is like skydiving but way better because the feeling is more like a bubble around you as you are skydiving. You know the landing is all in God's Hands.

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What comfort to know that nothing will keep God away from me. He is relentless in His pursuit of me. He a constant never leaving me to fend for myself. Nor does He let me get in my own way. Pretty safe in His very capable Hands!! {happy sigh}

No comments:

Post a Comment