Tuesday, August 19, 2008

over the 'fence' ...

She is a smoker and sometimes she isn't herself where her speech isn't on par with her thinking. However, I truly enjoy her. She is friendly and looks out for me. She is my neighbor.

Today she was sitting out on the front step for a smoke when I came home. We talked. What was interesting was the conversation about church. What started the conversation was her asking what church I went to and how I looked nice when I go. I told her my church and I added that it was for the time being. Her comment was that it was hard to find a church these days. Then she gave me an account of a church that she went to that served coffee and they where sitting around. She said you can feel if God is there and He wasn't. I was taking it all in and brimming with questions I wanted to ask but didn't. However, I think know the answer - she was missing the reverence for God. It was gone because all the causal - the very causal that the churches have resorted to bring in the lost. I thought this was quite an interesting tidbit - a very sad tidbit.

Our conversation wandered on towards food and she offered me a cucumber and a tomato. I love fresh veggies and was very appreciative. What I really loved most was I got a peek of her apartment. Very simple but she loves the color red. She has some really nice splashes going on in her kitchen. Now I know what to paint for her! That makes me excited. Wow! What a cool way to top off my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment