Sunday, August 17, 2008

good bye old friend ...

I awoke with the sad feeling that my bike does not fit in here at my apartment. My place is toooo small. I have no garage nor a shed. I have spent many thoughts on how to keep the bike here. I've come up short. It has always been in the back of my mind that I need to make room for my dear friend. Now with times more tight in the gas area, it just seemed logical.

I decided to try it out. I have to take it up some stairs which is not to big of deal but getting it through the door of my place is tricky. It cannot stay in the doorway area because the door will bang into it and you have to be super skinny and if I had people come over it is just a nuisance. If I keep it in the kitchen where I have a bit more space, it would become cramped when I had projects that need space like drying clothes or even my passions like painting glass.

I even thought of hanging it somewhere like high up and out of reach but cannot because there is no real place and you know I rent. I thought of storing out in the hall but not a good idea. I have thought of everything - even the option of another place.....

So sadly, I must make the decision of taking it back to my parents. I so wanted to have my bike to go riding for exercise and for mind uplift. It is very freeing to be able to hop on a bike and go. It is different than a car when you can use it for recreation. I still haven't decided to make it work for picking up small items at the store. Oh well, ....

No comments:

Post a Comment