Sunday, August 03, 2008

trips ...

The last Sunday in June I was listening to three people who went on a short missionary trip. I was disappointed and confused. Then a got a rush of trip thoughts and I thought I would share:

Life is an adventure filled with many journeys, paths, and trips. On each one you should put some serious thought into what you want to take on the trip and yes, serious thought on the souvenirs you want to bring back. So what should you pack? And do you want to pick up to bring home?

You should really do some Bible reading and find out what you want to learn. Each time you actively do this God comes to you in a big way. Maybe it is verses or hymns to should be your focus. Then watch as God opens up experiences for you. The souvenirs will be related to what you focus on. You will come home with visuals and stories of God's hand at work. Be active in your learning. Write down what you are taking and what you want to pick up.

How often do you let the trivial stuff in like how will my hair hold up in this climate? Ok, this speaks to me I would let something like this bother me and I wouldn't want that to take a toll on my learning. How about if you are building something and they have a totally different way of doing things - are you going to let that broil up or can you go into that situation learning their ways to get a better sense of their lives?

Trips are not necessarily about doing but about listening and watching ... If you are doing and pushing, the ears and eyes are off target....

No comments:

Post a Comment