Tuesday, August 26, 2008

no wood - no fire ...

I've been battling my attitude at work. The list of unpaid invoices are mounting and I get no info from purchasing to why they are holding onto them. I have to contend with the phone calls. It is really bothering me especially when I ask and all I get is 'I haven't gotten to that yet' or 'I don't like to problem solve.'

I am sorry but life is about problem solving. It might not be your strength but you have to figure out how to do things better if you are truly living. Ok. I better stop ranting and get on with the real issue at hand - my downward attitude.

I needed something to hold onto to keep my focus on Jesus Christ. Proverbs 26:20-21 can be summed up as 'No wood. No fire.' Every time I felt the my insides boil, I took a breath and muttered 'no wood - no fire.' Do not dwell. Do not let her see you sweat either. This is not eternal. It will not be on the books. Only me and my actions will be on that book.

Give your best work. Smile. Be content in all things. Delight and savor. And most of all come into His courts with Thanksgiving and Praise. No angry fists here...

No comments:

Post a Comment