Thursday, August 07, 2008

telling others what to do ...

She is telling me that she is best at telling others what to do but cannot do what she tells others to do! And to top it off she is telling me who hates others telling me what to do!!!! Yikes! I want to talk to her but I am always trying to side step sensitive issues where I am finding my way but not needing any advise from her. I am not good at side stepping my own issues. I should have followed a strength of just start asking questions. However, I hesitate to ask questions for fear they may seem blunt. Hmmm, if she is going to tell me what to do and I don't welcome it, maybe it is time to put her in the hot seat! Nah, but maybe I can show her where her own strengths are by asking her thinking questions.

Out of the blue on Monday she starts talking and I who has been feeling lonely welcome a good listen let her. We talked for an hour and half. It was mostly a good chat, but I couldn't help but fall into a funk over some little things she said. It snowballed until I felt flatten. Barely had any sleep last night and I felt very weary. It keeps to keep repeating and I just don't know what to do about it. Where am I failing? I must be more confident and strong.... and when I feel the horns come out - do something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment