Sunday, August 17, 2008

dreams ...

Watching the swimming last night was a boost to keep going for my dreams. Dara Torres said 'Don't put an age limit on your dreams.' Then of course you had Michael Phelps who believes anything is possible. Talk about conviction.

So it is time to fuel up and start making some real changes in my life. Start firming up my strengths and start getting into shape instead of wistfully wishing. Maybe in two years, I will look back here and say 'I did it.' 41 is just a marker and nothing more.

Here are a few wishes I want to turn into dreams come true:
* a book preferably published and well received
* a nice two story home with a basement and garage (bike to be welcomed! & herbs too!)
* well organized
* time to be creative in painting on glass and looming

I am not putting a man on that list because I cannot make this wish come true. That is in God's very capable Hands. If He wishes it for me, it is in His command. In the meantime I come into His Courts with thanksgiving and praise.

I do have to acknowledge that my wishes are also in God's hands because He goes before me and will be with me. He will never leave me nor forsake me. I will not be afraid. I will not be dismayed. (Deut 31:8) So I will live my life abundantly and use what I have to its fullest. No time to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment