Thursday, August 21, 2008

kids stuff ...

Found some things to teach children and again I am a should-have-been-a-mother-but don't-what-to! I know it has to do with my passion for learning.

It is about putting a twist on the 'I Spy' game. You go about life and have your kids 'I Spy someone who needs...' You talk about it and then do something about it. Suppose they notice a neighbor is sick and then you have them decide what they need. Maybe they will come up with a homemade card complete with crayons or maybe they want to take homemade chicken soup. They do it. I was listening to a mother tell how she did it and I really could see that by doing this you are creating a future adult that won't be shy about caring for needs and encouraging others.

Another thing I heard about was a memorization program of sorts for kids. I would want to start with my kids when they were young. Plus, I would use they ways of keeping it memorized. If they were visual, then that is how we would do it. It would not just be memorizing rather it would be talking about what we memorized and how to use it.

Here is a list to I would start with:
* 10 commandments
*Fruit of the Spirit
*23rd Psalms
*Think on these things

I would then add to the list by how my child grows and what that child is struggling with.

No comments:

Post a Comment