Saturday, August 16, 2008

not lost ...

''All that wander is not lost.''
~Tolkien


After having mental gymnastics over 'people telling what to do', I remembered this quote and I felt like shouting. I am a seeker - a wanderer of sorts. I do not seek fleshy answers. I have this insatiable appetite for growth and learning but the only time I have that full factor is when I am seeking the Word of God. I am definitely NOT lost! I know Who will fill me up.

I do seek aloud and many people start inserting their own views. It frustrates me. I need to speak so keeping some things is difficult to do especially when I don't have a conversation partner. That is why I blog and tweet. It is a way to get the stuff out. I know the blog has helped. Yet, I still get those occasional people who like to tell it like it is according to them. I usually end up deleting their comments. Maybe I need to have a t-shirt made with this quote. Oh, to find a listener - one understands the art of conversation, the give and take, and the importance of asking good questions.

Maybe it speaks of the age we are in. Forget listening. Lets just spout out. Lets live outside the box. Lets spatter ourselves over each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment