Monday, August 04, 2008

tiny feet ...

I could not believe it! There where 3 little girls outside my window pulling up their shirts and pulling down their pants. Something crazy broiled up and I few out of my apartment like fire eating gas. Funny thing is that the girls didn't run even though they knew I was coming! My voice was rough and I tried very hard to put fear and danger into their deed without going into huge embarrassing details. They didn't say a word and I told them that I wasn't out here to be mean but to keep them safe. Later, I think of questions I should have asked them to make them think about their actions and possibly bring in Words of God.

Today I read Proverbs 4. First thought was this chapter is all about feet! So coupling together the little girls episode and this, I wondered what I would tell my own kids if I had them. Here is a go:

Ponder the path of your feet,
& let all your ways be established.
Proverbs 4:26


What do you teach your child about danger? How do teach them to know what to do whether alone or with a group? My main answer is to teach them to know what to do with their feet.

According to our Armor we should shod our feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace (Eph 6:15). The whole purpose of putting on the Armor is because we do not fight against flesh but to stand up against the wicked. So how does this peace gospel protect us? While every child needs to know they have a namesake they must protect. Our peaceful ways gives us opportunity to bow out when strife begins to weed up.

In Proverbs 4:12 it talks about walking and running. Walking is about walking in our faith and when doing so our feet will not be hindered. Running is about running from evil and when doing so our feet will not stumble into sin. Verse 14 warns of not going into the way of the wicked. I would show my child that it is right and noble to steer clear of evil and if evil is present FLEE! Verse 18 gives you the blessing of feet that walk in right ways. Sunshine feet! Oh, what a wonderful gift to give your child.

Funny how a girl who should-be-a-mom-but-doesn't-what-to has this welling notion to make the path of children safe and easy to accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment