Saturday, January 14, 2006

what is really wrapped in a package?

Back in 2003 she sent us a Christmas package that arrived the same day we had gone to Sydney. I sent my son to the post office when we got back. In his phone call he said they only keep packages a week. I told her I was sorry but the package was on its way back to the States. However, my doubts started to kick in and I made two phone calls. The later one was a bit of silence then my son bursting in laughter. Ah yes, my son has a wild sence of humor.

After I opened the gift I poured out in an email how intricate her paint strokes and the beauty in her artwork. A whole year few by and emails, letters, and phone calls piled high along with my unrest with my work. Christmas 2004 package came. Getting the kids together at one time proved difficult. She finally asked in January about the package. I want on about the kids responses .... son rolled his eyes ... daughter asked if we where going to have Christmas tree next year for the ornaments....
fr: jan '03 & 04 emails

Yes, I remembered being introduced to his son's sence of humor. I went to bed with a sick feeling in stomach that night ... realizing my package was being sent back. However, all the butterflies where tranced by his email describing my artwork. I am always nerveous about others reaction and especially his. I glowed in his praise.

Christmas package 2004 was totally different. Even though it was more painted artwork, there was a very huge message behind it. I felt it was God leading me with a book and the ornaments I had painted. I was soooo anxious to get his response. I just knew he would get it.....

I waited and waited. Nothing..... I finally asked and was broken by the total miss....


pezzi: meat vs water

No comments:

Post a Comment