Sunday, January 08, 2006

a Mighty River ...

In this day and age churches are more focused in growing numbers. Mega-churches are to be desired. More flash and bang, more building, more loud noise...

I am a little person of quiet nature. I get a bit edgy when I hear growth in the way I do. I am getting shut out of church more and more. Church never has been kind to me through the ages. Yet, I continue.

As I was praying last night for today's service, I wasn't sure of the request that was made. So I kinda went on a tangent with God.

Dear Almighty,
I've been thinking about my attitude and what I would like church to be and trying to see what You are saying. I believe very strongly that church should be a river moving. Strong current of You flowing. You are the Living Water and coming to You, one never is thirsty. We as the body of the church should reflect this. Each person's dreams and purpose would be used. We wouldn't get caught up in numbers or our wants.

Thank You, Lord, for journeying with me as I struggle with church. Thank You for being my Living Water. May I reflect You...
always your little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment