Tuesday, January 03, 2006

waiting w/ good courage...

''Wait on the Lord;
be of good courage & He will strengthen thine heart.''
~ ps 27:14
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Dear Heavenly Father,
You mean it? You will strengthen my heart? I surely will test You on this... but I have and I continue to wait for word of a mother's earthly life... Did she make it? Did she get to celebrate Christmas and make plans for the New Year with her family? Is he alright? Is he selling melons again this year? Did You Taketh Away?

My heart goes out to the coal minors' families that are waiting on word of their loved ones caught underground from an explosion. They wait and wait... Faces devoid of emotion... Eyes always searching... Hearts pounding in ache... waiting for word... It certainly takes a strong heart!

'Be of good courage' ... (bravery, faithfulness, daring) ... good courage means to me 'mustering up strength .. unafraid... Best way for me to do that is 'look full in Your Wonderful Face and the things of earth will fade away...' I feel soooo weak and weary ...

I am tucking this Living Word in my heart. I am testing You and being of good courage... ahh, waiting too! I long for a strong heart.
~always your little girl


to wait
my Anchor holds

No comments:

Post a Comment