Thursday, January 05, 2006

'teamship' ...

I loved our emails ... communicating back and forth. She actually listened to me which was a new experience. I often opened up to her. She never tossed me out on my ear. I gave her a compliment that no matter what, she was the type of friend that a year could go by without word and we would still be able pick up right where we had left off ...
fr: jan '04 emails

I have enough friends where I can miss out on their daily grind and come back in months, picking up where we had left off ... all good no doubt. Yet, I am a person way to deep for my own good. I am not the same person I was 3 years ago let alone yesturday. I am always growing and learning. I would love to be able to share this intimate journey with another without the leaving. I make no apologies.

I am not looking for total 24 hour communication. My definition: communication = 7% verbal + 93% non-verbal. Reality of this is 'teamship' ... sharing travel and supporting each other for the long haul. This does not allow for absolute absence.

It should be a compliment if I find you a treasure enough to want this teamship with you. All of my family and friends are highly valued and in my top 10% but it is lacking when all that is expected from it is causal connection. The richness and high life for me is a travel companion for the sharing of the ups and downs on this amazing adventure. Where is the aged companionship these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment