Tuesday, January 03, 2006

he asks what if...

What if she was a Gift to me? And life consumed me so much that I missed out on companionship for my journey? What if she was Trust clothe in a womanly skin? And I threw it away because all I knew was the lies, abuse, and baggage that all the women in my life caused me? What if she was Love? And I deranged it by walking away? Would that Love come back and Love me again? What if she was my Soulmate? And I hushed her faithful spirit? Would anyone believe in my dreams and my life purpose? What if she was what I Needed? And I refused to be filled? Am I to walk forever empty?

What if I told myself lies like love and marriage would never again grace my home? What if that very love and marriage was what would heal me? Would she have me back? Would she let me try to disentangle myself from my life..... or would she be the one to rescue me from my own entanglement?

How about I give up what is not working and humble myself? How about I be strong enough, manly enough to give up my foolish pride? How about I ask her back? Think she would have me back? She really did have my back.... How could I have let her go?

No comments:

Post a Comment