Friday, January 13, 2006

cash in His bank notes ...

"Do as Thou hast said."
- II Sam 7:25

God's Promises were never meant to be thrown aside as waste paper; He intended that they should be used. God's gold is not miser's money, but is minted to be traded with. Nothing pleases our Lord better than to see His Promises put in circulation; He loves to see His children bring them up to Him, and say, "Lord, do as Thou hast said."

We glorify God when we plead His Promises. Do you think that God will be any the poorer for giving you the riches He has romised? Do you dream that He will be any the less Holy for giving Holiness to you? Do you imagine He will be any the less Pure for washing you from your sins? ...

Our Heavenly Banker delights to cash His own notes.

Never let the promise rust. Draw the word of Promise out of its scabbard, and use it with Holy Violence. Think not that God will be troubled by your importunately reminding Him of His Promises.

He loves to hear the loud outcries of needy souls. It is His Delight to bestow favours. He is more ready to hear than you are to ask. ~ Spurgeon

Dearest Master Teacher,
I use to tatter my prayers to You. They often where angry tears and lashings. Not to long ago in my readings the author suggested that prayer should be Declaring Your Attributes. As I began to simply declare, I found a promise tucked within the scripture that I would use.

My spiritual journey has taken flight. I have found fellowship with my christian kinship even when time and space keep them from me physically. I have found a deeper inner peace with You. My faith grows deeper. I 'see' You more clearly... most precious riches to me.
~ your little student


Spurgeon: continue in prayer
cashing in: safe!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, what a comfort and strength to be able to hold onto His promises... and to know they will always be kept, and not only that but He 'delights to cash His own notes'... What an encouraged to me right now, it is as if God is underlining what He has been saying...

    ReplyDelete