Friday, January 06, 2006

last note ...

It is human nature to seek out our loved ones last words, to know their thoughts and wishes before they passed to the other side. We feel lucky to have those parting words whether from a phone call from a doomed plane or a scribbled note tucked in the pocket of their clothes. If we don't have those last words, we seek for a journal or letters ... something for a token of their presence.

Why is it that we seek after the death for their parting words? Why aren't we seeking right now for their words? their dreams? their purpose for life? These days we have so many tangble ways to express ourselves.

I am a writer. This need has been there since I can remember. I have often thought maybe someone will find my writings a treasure. Often the fantasy was someone like me would stumble upon my work and devour it. Their imagination defying time and connecting with mine. Stuff of movies I say!

However, as I have discovered the new 'in-thing' or the 'it', blogging is my way to send out my 'message in the bottle'. Someone can discover it now! { in fact someone has } There are a precious few loved ones that I wish would read now, but time steals away their attention. My solace is that these words will remain here waiting ... maybe when they are seeking for my last words they will remember their way.

To honor the Sago miners and their families, leave your last words scattered around now. Your presence matters ...

Eternal two left on earth

4 comments:

  1. From blogger Ron Franscell @ http:underthenews.blogspot.com ...

    So imagine this: You're a mile below ground, huddled in the dark, cut off from rescue and all you can do is wait to die. You have a pencil and a piece of paper the size of a pay stub.

    What will you write?

    (I've made a place at my blog for your thoughts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we live we give what we can... but at times what we desperately seek to give is not recieved... we can not take responsibility for the choices others make... yet words will remain and we can continue to pour out with quiet grace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. for ron
    i've been saying a lot of what i want to say on my blog ... but if i knew it was my time, my thoughts and voice would reflect the ending of my earthly life and beginning my eternal life...

    Dearest Loved Ones,
    Instead of turning my eyes upon His face .. I now can say I am walking into His Presence. His Everlasting Arms envelope me. I am at Peace .. Perfect Peace. Live abundantly!!! Know I love you deeply. Heaven is furtile with learning and I am excited for my new adventure. I continue to pray for you ... my love, my fellowship, my communion still is with you.."Trust the Lord and do good. Dwell in the Lord and feed on His Faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will take care of your heart." Ps 37:3-4
    ~ always treasured
    keeper


    'Deadline' by Randy Alcon has given me great delight and excitement about how Heaven might be. It also gave me solace as my grandpa died and we were expectant of a new child coming into the family. If Randy's discribtion of Heaven is right on, I will be tickled pink and over joyed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((((Lovely)))) i treasure these moments to blog ... i am finding me deeper and stronger as i live out my adventure and mystery... abundantly!!! i will continue to pour out ... thank you, Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete