Saturday, September 02, 2006

prayer requirement ...

I had a conversation about prayer. I had voice my desire to be comfortable with praying out loud. He voiced his desire to pray ... I mean really pray ... with his wife. "What a team," he said. I perked my ears to 'team'. So I wrote down the following questions in my question notebook:
* 290 *

How important is it to you to PRAY with your spouse?
If so, how do you start and nurture it?
Is it enough just to have a spiritual connection w/o prayer?
What value would prayer give your union?

I am making this a make or break issue when it comes to my future Mr Keeper. I am scared silly when it comes to divorce. If there is anything I can do to keep marriage flowing, rich, and full, I must do it.

Isn't marriage two people united into one unit? If my prayer life has enriched my relationship with my Heavenly Husbandman, why wouldn't it enrich a marriage when done together as one unit? Shouldn't you think of a marriage as one person? Sure you have your own personal dreams and you can keep them but when you get married, shouldn't you gain another set of dreams for the both of you? Isn't communication a key factor to a good marriage? What is prayer but communication?

takes one ...

No comments:

Post a Comment