Tuesday, September 19, 2006

tribute to Irwin ...

Bindi
"My daddy was my hero - he was always there for me when I needed him."

"He listened to me and taught me so many things but most of all he was fun.

"I know that daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so everyone would love wildlife like he did."

Bindi said her father built a hospital and bought land to give animals a safe place to live and she wanted to continue his legacy.

"I don't want daddy's passion to ever end," she said. "I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did."

Bindi said she would miss her father.

"I have the best daddy in the whole world and I will miss him every day," she said.

"When I see a crocodile I will always think of him and I know that daddy made this zoo so everyone could come and learn to love all the animals.

"Daddy made this place his whole life and now it's our turn to help daddy."

PM John Howard
"We gather in this special place that Steve created to celebrate the life of a remarkable man and a remarkable Australian,"

"Steve Irwin touched the hearts of Australians and touched the hearts of millions around the world in a very special way.

"He did that because he had that quality of being genuine, of being authentic, of being unconditional and having a great zest for life and, throughout his all-too-short life, he demonstrated a love for the two things that ought to matter more to all of us than anything else: his love of his family and his love of his country."

Mr Howard said Irwin brought to Australians and to the world an understanding of nature.

"He taught our children in particular to love and respect all creatures great and small," he said.

"In everything he did he was direct, he was genuine and oh-so Australian and that is what we loved about him."

Hugh Jackman
"Whether it's for the wilderness, whether it's for the animals, his family, whether it's for just the planet, or just life in itself, Steve showed us that we can live like warriors, and we can make the world a better place," he said

the age.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment