Wednesday, September 20, 2006

ribs!!!

I have two really good baby bush blue pumpkins growing in the middle of my patch. I believe they are the blue but what I noticed was the smoothness is gone. They have ribs!!!! Happy dance!!!! The pumpkin plant itself is just ugly and mostly dead. I still have a few littler pumpkins and I hope they continue to hang on. One jarrahdale is still there and it has grown some since the week before. It is reallllly green and the season is quickly coming to an end. On my way home yesterday I noticed everyone had their bright orange pumpkins lining their sidewalks or still in their gardens. My heart yearns for the jarrahdale to hang on as the weatherman says there is a good chance of frost tonight.

When I went to get some pears yesterday, I took another glance. Another pumpkin just fell into my hands because the stem had gone mushy. I cleaned up the bush baby and I am to displaying it for fall in my house even though it is a bit puny. I told my mom that I am just going to love these no matter how little and lack of growth they were able to achieve. I refuse to be bummed by how little and unproductive my blue pumpkins have been for me. I choose to be happy and enjoy the little batch I have. I will have two good ones and I hope for the rest to keep growing. What matters most is that I chose to grow blue pumpkins and to enjoy them no matter what.

Ok, about the blue color? These pumpkins will be grey blue in color. I find it hard to know if they are blue because the bush babies where a light green. I do believe the two in the center of the patch with ribs are a grey blue. I wonder if they will go darker. The jarrahdale is a darker brighter green. It is still a baby. I hope it hangs on because I really want to see the color change on it and maybe it will be easier to see it with the bush babies already way out hatching him.

I will do my happy dance but with lots of hope for more to come!

mad chow :save blue pumpkins for me

No comments:

Post a Comment