Thursday, September 28, 2006

missing his spirit ...

Overheard in a conversation b/t widows:
'What I miss most is her spirit.'
I got the tissues ready to watch the Terry Irwin interview with Barbara Walters. I have always secretly admired the Irwin's relationship and family. And yes, tis true .. the spirit of the person is what is missed.

Irwin's spirit :
*very open and inviting .. this was what drew Terry into his world. He had this energy that was so strong and it pulled you into his love for animals and his favorite crocs. I love hearing their love story ... over and over and over ....

*private .. wow! He was such an open man yet he had talked with his wife about his death and wanting to keep it private. She honors his wish by not saying where he is buried and keeping the memorial more low key than what he could have had and more like Steve himself.

*his sence of legacy / a sence of a limited life span but not a limited life
He prepared for his zoo after he was gone. He even prepared his wife for his death yet that was not his focus ... life was. He also made it clear that he would step away when his kids could carry on his legacy. Truly a man prepared and wise.

perspective on the Bob incident :
Yeah, the one where Steve was carrying Bob at one month too near the crocs they say. I see it as a really cool memory for Bob to carry with him. Bob has his dad flowing through him but won't be able to remember him or even have some cool memories like his big sis.

I never got to know my Grandpa L but I have some story-memories told to me by my parents. I was his favorite and I have two precious stories that keep him warm and alive to me. So same with Bob! He will be able to carry his dad's memory with such a neat and intimate father son moment. Precious!

20/20 interview

true blue oz

No comments:

Post a Comment