Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"you're lecturing" ...

Yup, this comment was directed squarely at me very very recently. Strangely enough, I didn't go ballistic. I am a first born and was called bossy by both brothers. I suppose I was but I grew up hating that term. Maybe it is the teacher mode or the eagle eye in me that comes out. What ever vein this lecturing quality comes from, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I cannot change people nor can I tell them what to do.

So what am I to do? I am back to using my questions, to creating word pixs, and to boil things down to the skinny. I want to throw in gentleness, peacefulness, and contentment into the mix. I am beginning here too. Instead of using 'you', I will be using I. Whew! I guess it will take a long bit to get this trait under the control of God.

Another conclusion that I have stated before is that I don't think I can even change myself! First, I must seek God and He will meet me and change me! I am definitely still under construction. But God has promised that the work He has began in me, He will see to its completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment