Saturday, September 13, 2008

3 bad brain behaviors ...

I was watching a PBS show last Saturday about brains. Brains is a subject matter that just grabs me up and I can't let go! I love learning soooo much and what organ learns??

So here is the 3 bad brain behavior things I learned:
1. lack of focus
2. choosing the opposite option given
3. believing automatic negative thoughts

What was intriguing was that sleep, exercise, and foods affect these behaviors. I didn't catch everything thinking that I might read the book but I didn't write down the title! Oh well!

What is really interesting is that the bad brain behavior that my immediate family has is the ant problem! We tend to believe the automatic negative thoughts. I know I do or I did. I have changed my eating habits (forced do to food allergies) and that certainly helps. I have added exercise and that just plain feels good. I do need to work on the sleep part. However, I have had the greatest success of eliminating the negative by 'backtalking'. I use God's Word and say it aloud or over and over inside to banish all negative and harmful thoughts away. I shout aloud that I will be content in all things and I will rejoice in all things. I will come into His Courts with thanksgiving and praise. It is my best 'ant eater'.

Another interesting thing is that in one part of the family addition is the the choosing the opposite option! I had not seen this before. Interesting though is that the mother knows to use the opposite option first with her children so to get the desired option or result. These types of people need more carbs than protein. I find that interesting too as the other two bad brain behaviors need more protein.

Brains are one of God's most interesting things He created!
*

No comments:

Post a Comment