Thursday, September 04, 2008

strength ...

I have long been very curious about learning and dreams. Along with that I have always felt that what we are good at leads us to our dreams and our dreams are God-Designed to give back to the needs of the world. So you will find me always on the look out for any book and any person who has truly gone for their dreams with passion.

I found a book that I will not indorse because my journey is not about self-help but about God-Help. I entered into this reading with concern and it is this concern that I really wanted to talk about and stress. It was important to me to not get bogged down with feeling bad about not working professionally in my strength and with feeling angered over my weaknesses. This book could potentially make me quite upset or even undermine my faith. I wasn't going to have any of that.

As I got down and dirty with this book, I continued to decide to content in all things, to always come into His Courts with thanksgiving and praise, and most importantly that God is my Strength.

I do believe that we should always work our strengths and when our weaknesses rises up to meet us that we should use our strengths to get us through that tough patch. However, I also believe that God is my Stronghold and Dwelling Place. When I am in His Place, I cannot help but be in a safe place.

There will be temptations where the evil one will 'give us' what we already have if we just would wait. Temptations are those weaknesses that vary within each of us but it is something that is so easy to give into. Don't give in rather get in the Word and keep saying NO. A very 'well-meaning' weakness is to explain and give reason when a simple no should be enough. So often we forget that no is a complete sentence even when we ourself use it to keep a life choice and to keep a pure heart. Nothing will ever keep a no strong without talking back the Word to those insecurities and doubts than reciting and mediating on God's Love Letter to us. In our weaknesses God is made STRONG!

So here is to STRENGTH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment