Sunday, September 14, 2008

mrs spider ...

Ok - here is my second go around! Cutting and pasting then poof - all that I wrote was gone. grrrr...

Last week ago Saturday a spider moved into my second story window. She isn't pretty. There are two white 'eyes' on her underbelly that stare at me whenever I take a peek at her.

Last weekend she had prey. It had to be a big black ant. First, it was gooey wet and then she covered it in white web. Then it was gone. Did she drop it? Dad said she was making babies with a packed lunch to go. Ugh!

Yesterday the rains had some winds that bounced her around but she was tucked in wasn't about to fall. Yet, as the world turned green, she was gone. Did she fall? Or did she drop to safety? I have to admit I was glad that she had moved on.

Today when I peeked to see the rains outside, there she was with PREY! It seemed to be a moth. It had better not be a butterfly! No, I am sticking with a moth. The bottom portion was in white webbing but the top was wet. I took some film to capture this event, hoping to see what she did with it when she was done.

I left for about two hours and when I came back, the spider was still here but the prey was gone. What did she do with it?

Hurricane Ike is scheduled to hit here in the North this afternoon. It feels like it is here already. It is rain hard. I thought there was going to be winds. I don't think we will know for sure when Ike is here unless I pay attention to the weatherpeeps. There is a front that has been dumping rains and Ike is going to piggy back it as it moves through the armpit of the US. It will be interesting to see how Mrs. Spider stays during this.

There be four [things which are] little upon the earth, but they [are] exceeding wise:
The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces.
~proverbs 30:24&28 some versions say lizard!

No comments:

Post a Comment