Monday, September 08, 2008

knowledge of evil ...

But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
~Gen 3:3-5



It is an after thought - or is it?

Why do I want to have knowledge of evil? A question I am asking because I have seen many kinds of evil in this world. The pressure is intense. Yet, I still harbor those what if's and why not's. Like why not seek companionship with someone who doesn't honor what I want to be? What if I fudge some part of my character? Take Sarah & Abraham 'making a baby' with Hagar when God said that the baby would come from Sarah and Abraham.

'Trust Me,' God says and I just let curiosity devour me and my faith. Why do I what knowledge of evil? Why can't I trust? Am I not eating the apple all over again?

This passage caught my eye yesterday. Wouldn't it be easier just knowing good and not the evil part? Was it truly worth taking that bite? Sadly, the truth is that I can't go back and even if I could I would have done the Eve thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment