Saturday, September 13, 2008

AROMA!

Now thanks be to God Who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His Knowledge in every place.

For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things?

For we are not, as so many, peddling the Word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sigh of God in Christ.
~II Cor 2:14-17


I found this passage so gripping. I am very sensitive to fragrance. I hate most sticky sweet or spicy perfume. HA's can come in a whiff. Cigarette smoke is another where I am trying not to inhale and running to find fresh air (being allergic). So to find that my believer's aroma smells like death to an unbeliever is a bit overwhelming! I understand it but when you are trying to 'attract' unbelievers to God this is discouraging. But to talk back here: I must continue to let my gentleness be known to all men and not allow the thief to tie up the strong man...

I do love the citrus smells. It is my most favorite smells. And who can't resist the smell of a blueberry coffee cake especially in the fall when the air is a cool crisp and the warmth of home is in the air! Ahh, now this is the kind of aroma I imagine when I read this passage. Some are going to be attracted and some are going to be allergic...
*

No comments:

Post a Comment