Friday, September 05, 2008

morning comes shining ...

Yesterday can be described as a low tide day. I welcomed the rain yet I felt the grey had slipped inside my heart probably long before I woke.

The day wasn't rotten - much the opposite. It felt successful even with the clouds heavy on my being. It must have been the ending conversation that I knew I had to stand firm and say NO. I had strong doubts that I could say no. I kept reciting passages and praying for strength.

Today the weather woke up grey but my personal clouds were gone. I know my answer was correct. I fought the fight - the good FIGHT of faith. God's Word always comes at the best of times. My answer was a painful no. I know it hurt someone but my relationship with God trumps all other relationships. Saying NO is a complete sentence and it will keep my heart pure.

I doubt it is over so I will keep at the ready.

Here is to holding to the living double edge Sword of the Spirit...

God is my STRENGTH. God is my Dwelling Place. AMEN.

1Tim 6:11-14
But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Prov 12:26
Gal 6:9-10
Prov 4 & 5
Eph 6:10-18

No comments:

Post a Comment