Monday, September 15, 2008

standing firm vs standing down

And Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today.
~ Exodus 14:13


This verse started my day. No wavering. No exceptions. Just stand firm with feet solid on the Rock. I went over the Sarah and Abraham story about the baby they were going to have. I was going over it for myself as well as trying to see if I could say it aloud as part of a possible conversation.

And the servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
~ II Tim 2:24-26

Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing such a man is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.
~Titus 3:10-11


Hmm, I saw these two passages and felt a bit confused. When should I decide to end my giving my answer? In Timothy it seems you continue to give the answer to one who is trying to figure out the faith whereas in Titus you shut down a man who is out to make quarrels. This is something I will be bringing to God and ask for His Divine wisdom in this 'continuing conversation' that keeps going and going ...

No comments:

Post a Comment