Saturday, September 06, 2008

be ...

Is it ok for me to BE me? I have chosen a certain path for my life. I have grown and gathered many lessons to make up who I am. If I say no to things, there are reasons for that no. The biggest reason is I best know what I want to be. What I believe, I am going to say and what I say, my actions must prove true to it or I am a waste of space! Don't get all in my face! That no was refreshing. Sure it saddens me that I hurt you. What I did was for myself. Self preservation, yes. Preservation for the blossoming me. In the past my yeses have hurt me. In the past those yeses was to make you happy instead I was unhappy. I cannot let that happen because I became less of me. Friendships are about a combination of give and takes. It is also about not gives and not takes. If it hurts another's being / character, then the most honorable thing is to not expect it and never let it enter your mind again. Let the no be a complete sentence. Friendships are also about growth. It is not about dying. Are you better? Have you ever thought that maybe the no is there because it was killing the person's growth? Whether you like it or not, I have to be me. I have to be responsible for my own growth and strength. Sure the road gets lonely and hard and it is nice to have a fresh breeze come along. Plus, there is danger in being insular. But there is great wisdom in being choosy...

'The righteous should choose his friends carefully, for the way of the wicked leads them astray.'
Proverbs 12:26
*

No comments:

Post a Comment