Friday, February 02, 2007

things ...

O, the accumulation of things! Of late I have had this mental banter if something is not useful then it is time for it to go. Why go through the headache of it. It has tormented me and kept me from the peace and calm I crave. Like my iMac slowing up, I updated (& is much better) but I was getting close to throwing out! Now it is my jeep that I am having some evil thoughts!

Then I heard about how these parents raised their kids with the best concept about things. They taught them to ask ‘if the THING was a tool or an idol?’ I liked that because it deepened my own thinking on how I should deal with my things. Am I using my things for the advancement of the kingdom or am I overwhelmed with technology or gadgets that takes my peace and my calm especially when they crash and burn? Am I using the gadgets to give love or touch others? Am I using things to bolster my passion for living a Godly life and being God-Confident? If not, then the item stays on the shelf or the item gets donated. It isn’t just about giving out but can give you means to keep yourself covered and cared for. It is about the clear vision of whether or not you are enslaved or free. This comforts me as I deal with my jeep problems. I feel my hand opening up and my heart calmer. It is God's gift and He sees fit to give or take according to my needs...

God is my Keeper. By His Hand will I be defended and secured. He takes care of the sparrow so much so that He is mindful of my needs. I need not get bogged in the mud as I baha in my jeep…

No comments:

Post a Comment