Friday, February 16, 2007

if I could ask ...

1. When in a relationship, how much personal space do you generally find you need?
2. What is your opinion of committed long distance relationships?
3. How many years have you lived alone?
4. How trusting are you?
5. How would you assess your verbal intimacy skills?

Hmmmm, if I could ask only five questions to get to know the other gender, these are the ones I have picked. Funny to that these questions are really from really getting to know a 'him'.

I got to know this 'he' as a friend. It was finally finding someone who I could be safe with all my past childhood insecurities and finding that 'he' had the same insecurities too. We had a lot of sames and a bit of differences that would strengthen the us. He seemed to be able to socially interact and I think I could have brought the home that he was missing... I will never know how we would have mixed it up. He is gone. I believe the trusting me whether he knew it or not was his dent in his armor. He dismissed my presence ... not sure why ...

But these are my questions. They came from the best of us and the worst of us. Even in the friendship, I kept my growing love for him a secret. Even when he ask if I thought there would be a future for us! I almost slipped. But see I want a man who knows and goes after me. Do you know how I knew it was love? Because I knew that I would work for our love all my days and I wasn't going to give up because the work was to much...

No comments:

Post a Comment