Thursday, February 08, 2007

anger snare...

Make no friendship with an angry man,
& with a furious man do not go,
Lest you learn his ways
& set a snare for your soul.
~prov 22:24 & 25
I find myself talking about anger a lot. I seem to be a calm person on the outside yet I know of this fire that can spring up very quickly and blistery. I hate arguing and raised voices. I would rather be calm, cool, and collected. Tone of voice, complaining, someone telling me 'speak up, I can't hear you' or 'what did you say?', having to repeat myself, and the obvious not listening or not getting what I am trying to say burns a white hot within my heart. I crave for peace and calm. I like myself best when composed.

I admire coaches who know how to direct their teams with quiet voice. Tony Dungy begins his season by saying to his football players that his voice will be no louder than this and look at the respect he gets. Both Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith are strong coaches that do not yell or throw their tempers about the place.

How do I master the anger when it comes? Does this anger that burns serve me? What is my vision for my heart and life?

Heavenly Father,
There has been movement again about anger within me this past week. Today I was convicted strongly and I have to confess that I am lacking in self control with my telephone skills. Please forgive me. With You I can conquer this area that I am failing at. Just like the break through with learning how to engage others, I know You can break through in this area bringing me through. Those around me see my sunshine and now my vision for my telephone peeps to see the sunshine.

I tried the engaging and apologitic skills this afternoon and saw some break through... now I need to keep it up. It will be hard and I need You every moment. My heart is ready to break free from the anger snare. Thank You for not giving up on me!
~always trying

No comments:

Post a Comment