Tuesday, February 13, 2007

powder, wisps, 4x4

1. Snow so fine ... finer than powdered sugar but strong as fine glass particles ... blew in and rested on the dash as I climbed into my jeep for my morning blizzard commute. Maybe the snow powder rushed in to keep warm.

2. Straight white smokey wisps like ribbons blowing in a frenzied rush to cross the road before I can run over them. When I am past, the ribbons twist upwards in circles like they are trying to nip at my tires.

3. Thick silky snow has had its way with the roads and the plows cannot keep up. Getting home means using the 4x4. This much and this soft means the tires cannot eat at the snow like it normally does. There is some slippage but I feel the control kick in and keep me from flying off in a snowdrift. Bummer that I have to go through town with other drivers but to arrive at home safe and sound is a sigh and a gratiful prayer that my Heavenly Father was at the wheel with me.

The blinds are open and the candles lit so I can enjoy the gusty wind and snow. A snow day for tomorrow dance in my dreams as I tuck in for a long winter's nap...

1 comment:

  1. surprise! surprise! my snow day was grated but with guilt that if the office peeps were able to make it in to show up. Grrr, of course with a 4x4 I could make it in but I took a leisurely morning snow day and then went in at noon.

    ReplyDelete