Wednesday, February 14, 2007

God with Emmanuel

Emmanuel has a picture of a girl and kept that picture for six years always in hope that he would see her one day. ( I have a picture of someone special and I have memories. I have let go ... do I dare to hope?) Emmanuel is a 'lost boy' from the Sudan. In a Kenyan camp he noticed this girl. He couldn't help but drink her in. He couldn't get enough. He saw someone with a camera and beg to have their picture taken.

Emmanuel carried that picture (his most valuable luggage) in his Bible with him all the way to America. He went to college and went to Canada one Christmas to meet up with friends when he went into church. There was Veronica! Can you imagine? (We often talked about the day we would meet. I still think about how that would play out in different scenarios.) They married last year and are expecting their first child. She has a visa thanks to Oprah.

Do I hope again to meet him on this side of Heaven? I think I will let go and let God handle him. I will remind God of the faith Emmanuel (God with us) had in meeting Veronica... I believe you can let go and still hope. God may seem invisible but He is ever-working out His beauty and His fierceness in us...

Emmanuel & Veronica's Story

No comments:

Post a Comment