Saturday, February 24, 2007

giving away needs ...

. ¡Q? #99 .

How can you begin giving away what you need most in your life?

Well, I guess I would first have to start with my needs. Hmmm, I like to be loved and I know love has five aspects of action (words, quality time, service, gifts, touch) and a whole lot of presence (preparing, provision, proof, PRESENCE). Lately, I have been finding myself doing small stuff for my parents like cleaning up the kitchen or organizing a closet for them or even helping Dad move in the new family table. By coming up with ways to serve my parents, I have found contentment. I think it is really a happy way to love out and in turn feel loved by doing something special for others. Now I need to try it on others ... but always more like a hit and run ... with the only expectation of knowing that I loved and finding that as the only satisfaction I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment