Sunday, February 25, 2007

meaning of life ...

Ravi Zacharais (you can hear him via podcast!!) was answering the question on the meaning of life today on the broadcast. Ravi broke it down into 4 areas:
*wonder*
-as a child the world in new and big, their eyes light up and their little mouths are in the shape of an 'o'
*truth*
-teenagers are testing this world and what they have been taught, always searching for truth
*love*
-adults are wanting value, attention .. LoVe ... it seems to finish out who you are..
*security*
-as old age comes security is the roots that keep you

Ravi goes on to explain that all these needs are answered when you are saved by God. I believe this. But just now a question popped up. What about a believer who still questions one of these needs because they feel it intensely? Job lost his wonder and questioned God after his losses. God answered him with 64 questions ... all about the wonders of creation! I have question God on the third but I always reminded that humans fail, but not God. My heart settles down ... when I let go...

I wanted to share what Ravi had to say because I am reading a very interesting book on a path of a man. They relate... I will share the book here on llj soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment