Friday, February 16, 2007

must haves/can't stands ...

Note: I developed this from a long list and could only pick 10 for each. It was difficult ... and at times I saw duplicates. It is a process everyone should think about and do. It is a good selfish. It is riding yourself of the fat suit you have accumalated and facing your naked self in the mirror. You know it is working if it hurts a bit.

Must Haves:
*Spirituality...
I must have someone with a similar deep commitment to spirituality, who shares my beliefs.
*Emotionally Healthy...
I must have a partner who is emotionally healthy, and able to share a stable life with someone else.
*Industriousness...
I must have someone who is willing to work hard at whatever they do.
*Loyal...
I must have someone I can count on to always support me.
*Communicator...
I must have someone who is good at talking and listening.
*Responsible...
My partner must be financially responsible.
*Exciting...
I must have someone who isn't afraid to take a risk and who sees life as an adventure.
*Curiosity...
I must have a partner who is hungry for new information and knowledge and who strives to learn as much as possible.
*Affectionate...
I must have someone who is comfortable giving and receiving affection.
*Conflict Resolver...
I must have a partner who will work to resolve rather than win arguments or conflicts within our relationship.

Can't Stand:
*Anger...
I can't stand someone who can't manage their anger, who yells, or bottles it up inside.
*Workaholic...
I can't stand someone who treats everything in life as secondary to their job.
*Rude...
I can't stand someone who is belittling, impatient or hateful to people in any situation.
*Materialistic...
I can't stand someone who sees material items as a measure of success.
*Cynicism...
I can't stand someone who generally sees the world from a cynical perspective.
*Undependable...
I can't stand someone who fails to come through and is unreliable.
*Drugs...
I can't stand someone who uses illegal recreational drugs.
*Lazy...
I can't stand someone who likes to spend excessive time sleeping, resting or being a "couch potato."
*Depressed...
I can't stand someone who is constantly unhappy about their life.
*Infidelity...
I can't stand someone who engages in sex outside a committed relationship.

I cringe when I read this because really I am weak just like every other person. There are a few of these that I have fallen down and struggle to get back up. These are strong statements and come off as being very cemented. Not all bad because even as I am weak, I must know my life and where it has been. It is very right to want the best when looking for a relationship. By having a list I feel you are one step better in knowing what kind of relationship you want and will give to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment