Thursday, October 05, 2006

Kuyasa (sun rising) a symbol of hope ...

The language of drums, the native language of Xhosa (cosha), the English language with a thick accent was spoken tonight. Bright colors of green, purple, orange, and yellow against black dance upon the stage. I tried to grasp this culture wondering what these children where thinking of us, wondering what they were thinking of who they where and where their journey was taking them.

They beat their drums, stomped their feet, moved their arms, sang with gusto, and when they stopped, a couple of them smiled their biggest grin with white teeth beaming. They sang in their native tongue and shared in English. It was a very energic evening.

My mind still wonders .. always about their culture. These children have had one or both parents die of aids but they sang of their hope. I guess I wonder what my girl would say if we had a nice long talk about the stuff of life. I wonder what wisdom she would share with me.

trying to keep you ...
horizon international
kuyasa

No comments:

Post a Comment