Wednesday, October 25, 2006

out of order / out of control

The computer/web world is spinning out of control. Right now is a stretch of time where web pages and sites are getting more elite and exclusive to higher operating systems. Today's battle cry is global warming. So what does this have to do with computer/web world becoming more exclusive? How many times do have you upgraded your mobile? Yup! I thought so. Consume, consume, consume. Throw out the old model get a new one. The computer/web world is the biggest offender to global warming and the consumption frenzy.

I would love to have iChat and iSight(or Skype)to make long distant phones calls obsolete. I would love to have my IM back. I would love to be able to visit sites without having my browser blank out on me. I would love to be able to just sit and blog with all the resources available to me to create well. But no ... can't have it simple.

I believe that the computers (add any other devices like mobiles and iPods) should have the capacity for growth with relatively low costs and less model/system change without being so exclusive. Stop with the beta stuff. Beta hadn't bothered me before because I understand the need to iron out the kinks. However, it just a way to limit. I believe taking your time and making it right for all is actually pride in your work. Play nice! Be responsible!

Or maybe I am just cranky because after finding an outlet for my writing, I am being limited because I don't have the latest and greatest. And after several years of having IM only to have it not work any more is causing me distress of over some friendships I kept maintained through it.

Or maybe I am cantankerous because I have had a small crisis with my music system for about 8 years now. I can't play my cd's but the radio works. Talk about throwing out while you still can get some good from it. I've thought about upgrading but one choice too many is making me nauseous. So add that to my list of inflated technology.

Or maybe I am punchy because I didn't get to bed on time because I was trying to figure out how to get my profile for this blog back while realizing to keep blogging I am going to have to use stupid firefox. Do I have some beef or what?

Then I am reminded to keep my life and home simple! Good Grief! This is going to be a challenge! (help!) Funny thing is that my brain (the best computer with a heart and God-Made)is working overtime coming up with avenues to remain connected and for keeping it effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment