Thursday, October 26, 2006

first born + first born ...

I have often heard the wisdom of first borns and last borns making a good partnership in marriages. I see the balance in this and believe it true. My parents would be classic examples. So what if you choose a same birth order mate?

I have wondered about it but the thought was fleeting and on to the next reflection. After taking stock of a relationship I have had, I realized that for me a good match would be marrying a guy with similar birth order.

Why you ask? Well, I am a first born of two brothers and I have often longed to have an older brother. I get weary of always securing and protecting especially being on my own for so long. I know I will be the one called upon to keep the outer fringes of the family together. It has been asked of me already in some simple things and it is only natural for me to step up and serve. It is not a front and center type of job rather a more go-to girl. Another thing is that I am the last in line for family attention. There are always others with bigger and better dramas then me. Well, I rarely have any theatrics so I don’t even show up on the radar. Plus as the family has grown, the grandchildren have become the focal point. When I desire attention, it is just the simple and steady variety. No frills please. So there are my reasons I why a last born mate to always paying attention to and quell dramas would not be my first choice.

I feel for me that having a first born husband would be ideal. When I took stock of a relationship of mine, I saw how I enjoyed the older protection and lack of over dramatization. I felt that he too was tired of the dramas that his siblings had where he was called to be the shoulder. I think it is nice to be able to give another first born the attention and security they so long for but couldn't because they gave out and didn't receive it back. This is just some thoughts I have been having on first borns or maybe they are just thoughts about what type of person would provide the security I long for…

No comments:

Post a Comment