Sunday, May 07, 2006

my choice ...

''You choose:
where to be, how to act, what to say, what to do, whom to be with, what to concentrate on, what to believe, when to go along, when to resist, whom to trust, whom to avoid, what behaviors to emit in reaction to what stimuli, what to say to yourself about: self, others, risks, needs, rights.

"One of the most important choices I make daily
is how I present and define myself to other people.
My attitude of approach dictates what I get back."
Dr Phil in "Life Strategies"

: What I want to experience :
I want to experience a fresh beginning. I want to redefine a work relationship. I want to experience and build upon my reception duties. I want joy to pour out of me. I want others to experience my smile. I want to be able to redefine the job decription and open up a bit of the schedule so that I do not feel like a burden for others when they have to cover my lunches and time off. I want to continue on my personal life journeys of personal touch.

: What I need :
I need to feel that I can need. I need to be listened too. I need to feel what I feel. I need a calm place to work so I can do my best job. I need those above me to be more transparent and not hide things from view so I know they are trying to have the best work environment. I need others to stop pressuring me. I need to be fine with letting others know that they hurt me. I need to be conscious of my approach and not be afraid. I need peace. I need my Joy back.

: I choose :
I choose to be joyful. I choose to use kind words. I choose to affirm the person as well as the work environment. I choose to be with those who affirm me. I choose to confront those that hurt me with meekness. I choose to concentrate on doing a good job. I choose to avoid confrontation but I choose to work things out. I choose to be around happy stimuli. I choose to be good to myself. I choose to take a risk to change things up a bit { yikes } I choose to be ok with my needs. I choose to take this new learning and use it on me and others. I choose to keep my hand in God's Almighty Hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment