Saturday, May 20, 2006

blue pumpkin seeds awaiting ...

the facts ...
I am crazy about blue. I am crazy about unique things. I am crazy about Australia. If I spend mula on seeds or plants, I am quite miffed if they fail.

I found Australian blue pumpkins seeds in the next state west of here. Ordered and have them sitting on my hutch just waiting for spring. I was told that Mother's Day would be a good planting time for pumpkin seeds. However, we have had huge amounts of rain for the past week. With Mom being sick and the rain, the parents yard needed to be tamed. No time to plant blue pumpkin seeds from Oz.

behind the facts ...
Feelings of disappointment wash over me. I know there is always next weekend. But I am realllllll skiddish when it comes to seeds. They are a mystery to me. Will those seeds pop open and bear these unique blue pumpkins??? Is it to late? Will they fail because of something I did or didn't do? Like did I keep the cool or warm enough? I calculate out 100-105 days. June, July, August, sometime in September.... hmmm, will that give the blue pumpkins enough time? Am I trying to plant something that won't like the climate here? Australia can be awfully hot. Please! I don't want to have wasted my money on failed attempts of something unique, something like blue pumpkins....

My little bro, 2nd year gardener, already has his American orange pumpkins growing ... all from throwing out a pumpkin. Last year he grew a pumpkin vine from seed. He was too late in planting and the blossoms would just pop off.

Can you blame me for being disappointed?

Parents yard spruced up. Gerianiums are lining the the flowerbeds. The golden raspberries are relocated to the berry area. Porches degrimed of winter soot. All this is a victory. I'll wait .... impatiently!

mad chow : diverticulitis

No comments:

Post a Comment