Sunday, May 07, 2006

can I be mad at God?

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer ... ~ King David in Ps 22:1-2

About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice , "My God, My God why have you forsaken me? Matt 27:46

"Prayer doesn't change God; it changes me."
C.S. Lewis in Shadowlands

Dear Lord,
I invite Your Mercy upon such a sinner and worm as I. I am too weak to carry this pressure. My Joy You so cultivated in my journey is eluding me. Peace is replaced with turmoil. Calm is crushed by torrents of rain. I so long to run out of this den of thieves and straight into the Your ocean of acceptance and Love.

Lord, I am going to confront those that have hurt me tomorrow. I fear this. My past has failures. I invite You to be my words soft and firm. I long to hear You call out, "Peace! Be still!"

No comments:

Post a Comment